Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My decision to have a prophylactic gastrectomy

Hello. In short (since I am curretly using my cell and it is pretty late), I tested positive for the gene mutation that causes HDGC. I have been researching like crazy and am pretty scared for the difficult road ahead of me, but I know that my decision to have a total gasrectomy is my best option. I want to live a long life with my husband and 3 children. My mom is doing ok since her surgery, the good days are finally seeming to occur more often. More updates to follow, really tired and was just researching some trying to figure out how much youth I am giving up. I am really nervous that I may not be able to return to my job as I am VERY active with 12 hour shifts as a floor nurse and really do not want to give that up! (amongst so many other things). Needing inspiration for a healthy, long lived future.

No comments:

Post a Comment